Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Weight-Loss Tip: Brush Your Teeth

I used to be amused by co-workers who could be seen disappearing into the bathroom with toothbrushes and tubes of toothpaste in hand after lunch. Now I find that brushing after every meal helps me avoid between meal snacking. Not only is it good dental hygiene but I find that it helps me stick to my diet because I don't want to get my teeth dirty again before my next meal. A nice thing about this particular habit is that it's self-reinforcing. After a few days of brushing after every meal, I now find that if I forget to brush after a meal it's not long before I start to notice a bad taste in my mouth. So if you're trying to lose weight and have a problem with between meal snacking give brushing your teeth after every meal a try.

No comments: