Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday Weigh-In: July 12, 2008

Weight: 374.8 lbs

Total Weight Lost: 17 lbs. in 9 weeks

On the plus side, I've reached one of my mini-goals by dropping under 375 lbs. My next mini-goal is to break 350 lbs.

On the minus side, I was bad last night. I have a friend who lives in Galveston. Earlier this week his truck broke down and it was to the point where it would have been more than the truck was worth to fix it. Yesterday afternoon he contacted me to see if I could drive him up to Clear Lake to see about buying another car. Since I already had plans today I suggested we do it yesterday. Consequently I spent a lot of time in traffic (hour and a half just to get to Galveston) and then more time just sitting around at the car dealership while they worked to arrange terms my friend could live with, and by the time I got to eat it was late and I was very hungry. My friend suggested Chik-fil-a for dinner so we went there and I had chicken nuggets (which were fried), waffle fries (fried starch), and Coke (caffeine and processed sugar). There's really no excuse for eating like that. I could have said no to Chik-fil-a. I could have gotten a chargrilled chicken sandwich with cole slaw and a glass of water but I didn't. So today I'm beating myself up about it. We all backslide from time to time. The important thing to do is to not let it become a habit and to not let it discourage you from keeping on with your diet.

No comments: