Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Weigh-In: February 28, 2009

Weight: 364.4 lbs

Total Weight Lost: 27.4 lbs in 42 weeks (0.6 lbs / wk)

It's really kind of depressing. I started out doing well on my weight loss plan but since Hurricane Ike I've been hovering around the mid-360s. On the plus side, that means I've adopted a way of eating where I'm happy with what I'm eating but I'm not putting on any weight. On the minus side, I haven't reached my ultimate goal of getting down to around 200 pounds.

So what has gone wrong? Basically when things have gone wrong I've used them as an excuse to indulge myself in foods that I like but that I shouldn't eat quite so much of. With Ike, of course, it was phrased as I didn't have much choice but to eat what food I could get. Then I got sick in January and again in February and that was a convenient excuse to stock up on lots of pasta. I mean, making dinner doesn't get much easier than boiling a pot of water and tossing in some spaghetti. It's something I'll have to watch out for in the future.

I'm better now and there's no excuse for not eating right. I've even got new shoes specifically for going out walking in so we'll see how well I do at getting back on track.

No comments: