Thursday, June 5, 2008

Change You Can Believe In, the Change You Deserve

The Democrats are excited that Obama has pretty much sewn up the nomination so I thought now might be a good time to examine both the Democrat and Republican slogans.

The Obama campaign has been touting, "Change We Can Believe In." Well what change can I believe in? Change involves taking a risk. You hope for the best but there's always a possibility things will take a turn for the worst. Right now the Democrats are in control of the House and the Senate with a good shot at taking control of the Presidency. I'm thinking they like things just fine the way they are so when it comes to change I can believe in, I believe the DNC doesn't want any real change.

Always ready to jump on the bandwagon, the Republican Party has made its slogan, "The Change You Deserve." Well, I think the change I deserve is for this country to be represented by people genuinely concerned for the welfare of the electorate rather than the acquisition of power purely for the sake of power. Somehow I don't see the Republican's delivering that. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if you vote Republican and McCain is elected, you'll see little to no change which is exactly what you deserve if you fall for their line of bull.

We'll never see true change until there is a wide variety of viable political parties. Only then will politicians actually be forced to represent their constituents because if they don't they'll be replaced by someone who will. Which is why come November you won't see a single vote for a Democrat or Republican on my ballot. I'm casting a vote for true change. How about you?

No comments: