Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday Weigh-In

Weight: 389.8 lbs.

It is with some trepidation that I stepped on the scale this morning. As only the second time that I've weighed myself since beginning my weight loss program, this was the one that was going to tell me if what I've been doing is working or not. Under those circumstances there's always the fear that you're going to discover that you're only breaking even or, worse, actually gaining weight. This was compounded by several factors. First, I'm only working on the first of my life goals; eating right. Each life goal represents a major change in lifestyle and it's hard to make one major change much less three so I've decided to take them one at a time. First I'll get my eating under control. Next I'll start going to the park to get some aerobic exercise. Finally I'll start lifting weights. Right now I'm just watching what I eat. I'm about ready to start going to the park but I hurt my ankle a couple of weeks ago plus it's been rainy of late so I haven't been able to start that phase yet.

This week I also made some dubious food choices. I'm having a little difficulty staying away from Subway and Quizno's since they're both running specials where some of their large sandwiches are only $5. Unfortunately that's more bread than I should be eating and I tend to gravitate towards some of their fattier meats.

Despite that I weighed in two pounds lighter than I did last week, putting me at the top range for healthy weight loss, so I'm pretty happy this morning. My healthy eating plan is obviously working and if Subway and Quizno's are the worst of my vices, that's still a lot better than a bacon & cheese Whataburger with fries and a large Dr. Pepper made with Imperial pure cane sugar. Now if the rain would just let up so I can start going to the park in the mornings.

No comments: